Kingston – Friday, March 13, 2020. The HEART/NSTA Trust wishes to advise that our institutions and offices remain open for business, despite recent developments regarding COVID-19. We further want to assure the public, that we have been actively engaged in seeking out information to learn as much as we can about the novel coronavirus, COVID-19 as we seek to protect staff and stakeholders. Despite the suspension of our recruitment, training and assessment activities through HOPE, our Workforce Development and Employment Division and our community-based programmes, we remain committed to serving our clients and meeting our mandate of Human Capital Development. In light of this, we have implemented to following measures:
- sanitization stations have been set-up at the entrance of all office areas, training labs and security posts
- labelling of handwash stations for clear identification with reminders to wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap to assist in alleviating the chances of becoming infected
- information on the COVID-19 has been disseminated to all employees via a dedicated webpage, email and printed material
- signs with specific information on hygiene procedures have been strategically mounted to inform and guide employees and clients
- frequent sanitization of equipment, doorknobs and frequently touched surfaces
- greater use of technology to ensure business continuity as well as the teaching and learning process.